Canon PIXMA MG2577s Printer: Having a printer is essential and as important as having a computer in every household or office in today’s world.
Be it your child’s project or printing documents for your work; a printer always comes in handy. Without a printer in your home or office, you may need to run to the internet cafes, which may not always work.
Choosing a good printer is very confusing as lots of printers have great features. If you want to buy a printer based on a specific budget, it may be tough to know which printer to select as there are many printers having the same price. So before buying a printer, always try to do your research.
Canon PIXMA MG2577s Specifications
|Connector Type||Through USB|
|Functionality||All-In-One (print, scan, copy)|
|Pages per minute||8ppm (Black), 4ppm (Clour)|
|Cost per page||Rs.7 for Black ink, Rs.9 for Color pages.|
Our Take on Canon PIXMA MG2577
As per our testing, the printer works perfectly with Windows 10 and also with Windows 8.1.
Please remember you cannot connect this printer to your iPhone or Android phone mobile’s data cable.
This is an excellent option for this price as the print quality is good. I have been using this for home use, and it’s great for people who have fewer requirements in homes or small offices.
This printer is also ideal for students for their occasional project work.
Do not use for printing photos on glossy paper. I would recommend it for doing any scanning, copying, and printing on regular paper. Not for professional-quality prints.
Review: Canon PIXMA MG2577s All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer
As always, I am here to guide and help you with the research. Today we are going to see the Canon Pixma MG2577s printer review.
Pros and Features
- This is a printer that you can get at an affordable price. This printer is also ideal for users who print less than 50 pages a month. It is an All In One printer –you can do copying, scanning, and printing from this device.
- We can get this printer in two colors- blue and white. It has three buttons placed on the top left of the printer. They are the on/ off switch, a black print button, and the color print button. You’ll also get a one-year manufacturer warranty on buying this printer.
- It supports Windows OS from Windows Vista XP onwards and Mac OS version 10.7.5 onwards.
- The printer comes with one power part, 2 cartridges, 1 installation CD, 1 USB cable, and an instruction manual.
- Product Dimensions of the printer is 42.6 x 30.6 x 14.5 cm, and it weighs around 3.5 kgs. The printer also does not make too much noise while printing. The printer does not support sublimation paper.
- This printer is very lightweight and compact, allowing it to be placed anywhere in your home without taking much space. The printer has an auto power ON function. With the auto power on and off, the printer automatically prints when connected to a 2A USB. It automatically switches off after some time – saving you energy costs.
- The printer comes with two Ink cartridges in the box. It allows the use of optional XL Ink cartridges, so a higher number of pages can be printed.The XL cartridges can increase the yield from 100 pages to 300 pages.
- The printer is compatible with Ink cartridges like PG745s, PG745, PG745XL(BK), CL746s, CL746, and CL746XL(Color).
- Scanning is possible for documents up to 600 into 1200 with 48-bit color depth.
- Page size supported by the printer are – A4, A5, LGL, B5,l, 10.16 x 15.24cm , , Envelopes (DL, COM10),12.7 x 17.78cm, Custom size (width 101.6mm – 215.9mm, length 152.4mm – 676mm).
- The max resolution it can print at is 4800 X 600 DPI.
- Canon claims the printer can print around 8 pages black per minute and around 4 pages of color per minute. The cost per page comes to around seven 7 rupees for black and nine (9) rupees for color.
- The original ink cost is around 600, but you can quickly get them refilled locally for approximately 70 rupees. It does make the price of printing relatively low.
- Quiet mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
- Country of Origin Vietnam.
For Tips 7 Tricks on this printer, please Scroll down.
While every printer has its standout features, they also have their problems. Some of them are:
- The printer does not have Wi-Fi capability and Bluetooth, so you can’t connect your phone to the printer.
- The USB cable given to connect the printer to the system is less than 1 meter, so you have to keep the printer near the system.
- There is also no duplex printing option on the printer. This printer also does not work on an inverter.
- Although it might look cheap while buying but beware, the print cost is shockingly very high unless you refill the cartridges locally. Even then, after you get it refilled 5-6 times, you would have to buy a new cartridge.
- This printer does not support the sublimation paper.
- there is no LCD on the printer
Additional TIPS For Canon PIXMA MG2577s:
- Warranty can also be extended for 1 to 2 years in some cases.
- My Image Garden is a software that is useful for printing your photos. With My Image Garden software, you can organize and print your photos very easily using a lot of filters, layout suggestions. Also, a facial recognition feature is provided in the software.
- You can print around 20 – 25 color prints on an A4 size paper before you have to refill or change the ink. If you try to print on glossy paper, the ink spreads. Also, while printing on plain paper, you should wait for 2-3 minutes to let the ink dry on the staff as, without it, the print comes out.
- You also cannot connect the printer to your tablet or an iPad. To connect with your mobile phone, you will have to buy a separate OTG cable from your local market or order it online.