Hello ladies and gentlemen, today, let me review the Canon PIXMA G2012 printer which is available to buy in India.
The product is an All-in-one ink tank coloured printer, which makes it suitable for several functions like printing, copying (Xerox), and scanning.
Further details about this product are mentioned below.
Canon PIXMA G2012 Specifications
|Printer Class||Ink Tank|
|Functionality||Prrint, Copy, Scanner|
|Pages per minute||8.8 ppm for black, 5 ppm for colour|
|Cost per page||9-20 paise for Black and white, 32 paise for colour|
Our take on the Canon PIXMA G2012
It is a must buy for you, if you are looking for a budget-friendly printer and for usage at home or small offices.
Each colour (CMY) in the printer can hold up to 70ml (coloured), and black (K) can hold up to 135ml of ink.
It has a built-in flatbed scanner but does not sport an ADF.
The scanner in the printer has an optical resolution of 600 x 1200 DPI. It can scan A4 documents in colour at the speed of around 32 seconds per page.
You can get the ink bottle in all the four colours from Third-party retailers in between the price range of Rs.370 – Rs.525, while original bottles will cost you Rs.470 for each ink bottle (Rs.1880 total).
The price does not seem too much if you look at the features provided with it.
Features For Canon PIXMA G2012 printer
-Canon PIXMA G2012 comes with a Refillable Ink Tank system, which is designed for high volume printing at low running costs.
-It prints up to 9 pages ( black ) and 5 pages (coloured) per minute which is as per ISO Standards.
-For black and white printing, the cost per page is around 20 paisa and 32 paisa for coloured pages.
-The intuitive 1.2-inch panel design makes it easy for the printer to produce multiple copies or scans with the utmost ease.
-This printer comes along with 2 extra bottles of GI790 ink (black) in the box, in addition to 1 each of cyan, yellow, magenta, and black. So in total, there are 6 bottles of ink that are provided by Canon.
-It prints stunning borderless photos and crisp black text documents. With the help of Canon’s Hybrid Ink System, the pictures come out looking stunning.
-The pages supported by the printer are- A4 / Letter / Legal / B5 / A5.
-It does not support automatic duplex printing.
-The max. print resolution is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (dots per inch).
-The Scanner Type is- Flatbed Optical Resolution up to 600 x 1200dpi.
-The printer weighs around 6kg, and its dimensions are 44.50 cm x 33.00 cm x 16.30 cm.
-Canon g2012 comes with a user-friendly manual, power cord, a single USB cable, and installation CD, which includes drivers. (You can also download drivers from the web).
– The company offers a warranty of 1 year for the product.
– It has a small LCD display of 1.2 inches.
– The cost of the printer is significantly lower as compared to other ink tank printers.
– The Printing Speed is very Good, which is (8-10sec for BW/10-20 sec for colour)
– Cost per Page is less.
– Cleaning and maintaining are easy.
– Borderless printing option is available.
– The printer can yield 6000 pages (black and white) and 7000 coloured when the ink tank is full.
– Most importantly, it works efficiently for Office/Home Battery Back-up (invertor) system, which makes it compatible for such places.
– also so you can easily see the ink levels as the ink tank is transparent.
– The Pixma G2012 is pretty easy in installing, and the installation can be done in 5 to 10 minutes.
- – The product does not work on MAC OS, it is only supported by windows.
- – The printer does not operate on Wifi; you can only use it through USB. Let me reiterate again that the canon g2012 is not a wireless printer.
- -The printer does not support-Auto Duplex printing and the maximum resolution, which you can get from it, is 4800×1200 DPI.
- – The printer cannot be connected wirelessly to smartphones, ipads, or laptops because of a lack of Wifi connectivity. You will have to connect thru USB or OTG cable.
- – The printer should not remain unused for more than 2-3 weeks; otherwise, the ink may dry up, and the nozzle may get blocked. Try to print at least 1 page during that time.
- – You cannot print an ID card or PVC card from this printer. They damage the head of the printer and then warranty cannot be availed.
- – The USB cable which is given along with the product has quite a short wire, which makes it challenging to connect with other devices.
- – Sometimes it makes NOISE.
- – PC Hangs during high-resolution scanning. It is not recommended for professional and very heavy use.
Answer – We would say that Canon PIXMA G2012 is an upgraded model then G2010. Firstly because it has 2 extra black cartridges which you cannot get in the 2010 model or even all the other models that come before it.
Answer– Power consumption is not much, but sometimes it takes around a minute to print the first page. The printer can easily work on a UPS inverter. but cannot be used for high-resolution scans because it is not build up for professional usage.