At this very moment, wherever we look, we find screens. The entire world is dependent on a screen to function smoothly. To keep up with the pace, we must have a knowledge of the monitor, where we shall have to spend a part of our lifetime.
To help you buy the right monitor, I bring you my readers The Dell P2419H Monitor Review. A monitor that looks beautiful to its core; it is an ultra-slim monitor that offers ergonomic support while having rich connectivity that aids the user in numerous ways.
With the features that this monitor has to offer, I hope to provide you with an explanation of the product, in the best way possible.
My Take on the Dell P2419H Monitor
Colours look natural, with deeper blacks, and don’t look very bright or vivid, so they may feel a little washed-out, making it suitable only for coding, reading, watching movies and browsing. You will need to calibrate it to get the best colours.
You might witness blurring if you scroll quickly through web pages.
Peak brightness is not acceptable in a brightly lit room.
I might not recommend this for gaming. This is not a gaming monitor, so don’t wish for Gsync and high refresh rates. Also, gaming at 60 fps seems impossible with this particular product.
The monitor is suitable for business purposes, students and not aimed at gamers and professional photographers or photo editors.
For gaming, I will recommend you go for- LG Ultragear.
Slight Screen bleed, which is a relative problem in all IPs panel monitors, has been witnessed, but it’s certainly not a concern.
No headphone 3.5mm jack is given.
I also love the height adjustment stand on this monitor. You can also make the screen tilt.
The monitor can be rotated vertically for scrolling through large documents in Portrait mode. I would say this is the only feature that better than the Benq GW2480T.
Dell P2419H Specifications
VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort
8 ms (normal), 5 ms (fast mode)
full HD (1920 x 1080)
Dell P2419H Monitor Features
- The Dell P2419H Monitor comes with a 24-inch screen, having a resolution of 1920×1080, with full HD (1080p) and an IPS panel. This IPS display has a peak brightness of 250-nits.
- The monitor comes with HDMI, VGA, and Display ports.
- The dell monitor has an aspect ratio of 16:9, and a contrast ratio of 1000:1, a wide viewing angle facilitated by In-plane Switching (IPS) technology and supports 8-bit colour depth. The panel used by this monitor is better than its previous iteration – Dell P2417H.
- The Dell P2419H Monitor Review has a response time of 8ms during the normal preset mode. In comparison, it switches to 5ms, if fast mode is switched on, thereby reducing ghosting and motion blur.
- The monitor weighs 3.26kgs, measures at 14.02 inches in height, and has a width of 6.54 inches. The monitor consumes 18 watts of power.
Included in the Box
The Dell monitor, 1-stand, 1-power cord, 1- display port cable.
- Gamers should set the ‘Response Time’ to ‘fast preset mode’ to increase the response time speed, which prevents ghosting and trailing of fast-moving objects. On the other hand, the limitation of the monitor to 60 Hz shall not be of much use to the gamers.
- The On-Screen Display (OSD) consists of adjustable settings such as brightness/contrast, colour setting that includes hue/saturation and also, input source selection. Sadly, gamma presets are not available. You shall use the monitor’s hotkey to swap among several presets.
- You shall fix the cables, behind the Dell P2419H Monitor Review, before setting it up because the posterior side is not easily accessible after set-up.
Yes, the P2419H does work. It would be best if one used the Thunderbolt to HDMI connector cable though.
No, the Dell P2419H does not have HDR functionality. The Dell 24 Ultra-thin Monitor (S2419HM) supports HDR.