To stimulate our auditory pleasure, one needs to lay their hands on an all-encompassing product. Bose has finally given us such a product. We bring you the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Review to help you choose the best Bose sound bar as per your preference.
The minimalist design of the soundbar provides the clarity of sound you have been waiting for. You can expect to watch your favourite movies or sitcoms, making the sound pleasing to your ears.
We hope this Bose Solo 5 soundbar in India review can help you choose your soundbar accordingly.
My Take on the Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar
I found the sound quality to be quite efficient, but the product did get heated up within 10 minutes at the place where the power cable was plugged in. The plugs are of a cheap finish.
The product is quite suitable for elevating and amplifying sounds. A stand-up comedy special shall sound better, but a romantic movie, where the dialogue is the essence, shall bring you disappointment.
Dialogue delivery is average at best, especially if the accent is Indian.
The soundbar is good for streaming music and YouTube videos.
The product is a must-buy for television sets in 2020 and beyond. The product makes watching sports tournaments quite fun, and audio output seems excellent on HD channels. It is a must-buy for music lovers in a 500-700 square feet room, not ideal for a big party, though.
The only big problem is that for such a price there is no HDMI connectivity, nor it can play from USB stick.
Bose Solo 5 TV Soundbar Features And Specifications:
Wireless and Bluetooth
- You can rely on a single soundbar that provides better quality when compared to your TV. The dialogue mode enables the user to hear the different dialogues distinctly. Even with the dialog mode, though, the dialog is not crystal clear sometimes.
- The fact that you can place the soundbox anywhere you want and the dialogue mode’s presence is everything you need to find in a soundbar.
- The Bluetooth connectivity helps you to connect to any of your devices wirelessly. The range is up to 10m. Basic connectivity options like coaxial, optical, and three-point 5MM auxiliary connections are provided. Sadly there is no HDMI connectivity.
- The universal remote helps you control the soundbar and most video sources connected to your television.
- The Bose Solo 5 measures 8.6 x 54.6 x 7 cm and it weighs around 1.7 Kg.
The box includes a power cord, universal remote control, optical digital audio cable, and a Bose Solo 5 TV sound system.
- The product has a sturdy design, is very easy to install and use due to the compact size.
- Has a dedicated dialogue mode.
- Setting the product up in front of the TV is relatively easy using the digital output cable.
- Works brilliantly as a Bluetooth speaker when compared to other products of the same make. From Bluetooth mode to TV mode is an effortless switch. It is worth every rupee you spend.
- There shall be no need for a subwoofer, which means there will be no messy wires around your house.
- A universal remote comes along with the soundbar that makes controlling the devices easier.
- There’s no physical presence of buttons on the product, but the universal remote is provided. This universal remote comes with an IR blaster and can connect to multiple video sources.
- The product is relatively expensive, especially when offering no HDMI connectivity.
- There is no USB connector.
- The remote has very little utility, and audio settings cannot be adjusted when needed.
- You shall not have app integration that shall help you change settings or upgrade. Moreover, there’s no display Either on the system or on the screen.
- If you are watching a movie and if the dialogue accent is not Indian, the dialogues are not clear.
- The product lacked a stereo effect. If using for a party in a room filled with 20-30 people, the sound is often disappointing.
- The product comes with no wall mount kit.
- As the product setup is relatively easy, you just have to connect the soundbar with an audio cable, an optical coaxial, or an analog one, as per your preference. The soundbar automatically detects which kind of cable you are connecting to.
- As you’re in control of the bass, you can quickly decrease or increase it with a single touch of a button present on the remote.
- The product is Bluetooth enabled, but it should be noted that it does not support apt X code. This piece of information might be beneficial for the geeks.
- Another tip I got from a user was that if you are a subscriber of Amazon Prime Video, you should go to your audio settings and choose the Dolby Plus setting to elevate the audio.
Question: Can we connect 300 Bose wireless surround speakers to this soundbar? Is a subwoofer provided?
Answer: The product is stand alone and cannot be connected to other speakers.
A subwoofer is not provided.
Question: What is the total sound output?
Answer: Bose hasn’t provided any specific output. The product is suitable for a 600-800 sqft hall.